Any comments, posts, or submissions you make must be original or include attribution to the source(s) even if the source is not copyrighted material.
We ask that you refrain from posting anything that falls into any of the following categories:
1. Requests for protection and advocacy services or postings that could cause DRW to incur legal liability
DRW does NOT accept or respond to requests for services made on its Rooted in Rights or DRW websites, by e-mail, or by any of its social networking platforms.
If you are a resident of Washington state and want to request services from DRW, you’ll find detailed information by visiting the requesting services page of the DRW website.
If you are a resident of another state or a U.S. territory, you’ll be able to find information about your protection and advocacy entity by following this link to the National Disability Rights Network website:
The exception for requesting services is that we strongly encourage you to use the DRW website to request publications available from DRW.
2. Comments we know or suspect to be inaccurate which are presented as factual. We will err on the side of caution here. As an unknown wise person once said, you are entitled to your own opinions but you are not entitled to your own facts. However, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information in the comment section and expressly disclaim any liability for any information posted, or websites linked to here.
3. Comments that are unrelated to the post in which they are submitted
4. Posts that contain language or links we consider to be uncivil
5. Because of our nonprofit status, comments that show a preference for, or opposition to, a candidate for elective office or a political party
6. Comments which solicit personally identifying information (names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers)
7. Comments which are used for advertising or contain copyrighted material you are not authorized to use
8. Complaints regarding DRW. (Instead complaints should be mailed to DRW Executive Director, 315 Fifth Avenue South Suite 850, Seattle, WA 98104)
9. Requests for a DRW response. (These too should be mailed to DRW Executive Director, 315 Fifth Avenue South Suite 850, Seattle, WA 98104)
Please understand that you are responsible for the materials you post.
Notification of Copyright Infringement Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
If you believe that your copyrighted material may have been infringed, please provide Disability Rights Washington’s Copyright Agent with the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, your e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Disability Rights Washington’s designated agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement can be reached by:
Disability Rights Washington
315 5th Ave. S., Suite 850
Seattle, WA 98104