Coal Creek Sewer Upgrade Program
Intern will gain knowledge of and experience with community outreach practices; learn and develop skills in event planning and communications, likely to include creative content planning, script writing, and videography to create professional quality, mission-based video content. Intern will spend about half the internship hours working with the team on developing and implementing strategies to improve project accessibility for all populations including those living with disabilities. Deliverables could include educational videos, revised event planning documents and new tactics to make WTD meetings, events, and programs more accessible. The intern will work with Community Services staff to learn about outreach, participating in events, meetings, and programs, and other related duties as they express interest.
- Interest and some experience in personal or impersonal communications for a diverse audience.
- Must be a competent writer.
- Must be committed to creating Equity and Social Justice in workplaces and communities.
- Must have personal experience and/or roots in the disability community.
- Must effectively relate to people with all kinds of disabilities. Competency in American Sign Language is highly desired but not necessary.
- This work will be best performed and of most benefit to a student pursuing studies in Disability Studies, Disability Inclusion/Access, Accessible/Adaptive Recreation, Public Involvement and Communications Studies with emphasis on equitable outreach and accessibility.
- Accommodations will be provided to students with disabilities.
Apply by March 1:
Application information and more details here.