- What types of animals can be service animals?
- Is it okay to approach and pet a service animal?
- Is my landlord required to accommodate my companion animal even if they have a no pets policy?
If you’ve ever had questions like these, then this is the place for you!
The Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs and The Washington Traumatic Brain Injury Strategic Partnership Advisory Council partnered with Disability Rights Washington to produce two informative videos relating to service and companion animal law in Washington State. The two videos are intended to address commonly asked questions around service and companion animals, both by business owners and service animal owners. There are also audio description versions of the videos available.
For answers to questions, please refer to the resources listed below:
Washington State resources about Service & Companion Animals
- The Northwest ADA Center: Service Animals
- Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs
- Disability Rights Washington
- Washington State Human Rights Commission
National resources about Service & Companion Animals
- Table of State Assistance Animal Laws
- U.S. Department of Justice: Commonly asked questions about Service Animals in Places of Business
- U.S. Department of Justice: Frequently Asked Questions about Service Animals and the ADA
- ADA National Network: Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals Guide