Reclaiming the Border Narrative Cast Application
Rooted in Rights is an award-winning digital media program of Disability Rights Washington. We use our expertise in accessible digital media to advance the dignity, equality, and self-determination of people with disabilities. We are currently casting for an upcoming project for Reclaiming the Border Narrative. Reclaiming the Border Narrative is a three-year effort to shape national perceptions and discussions on migration and the United States-Mexico border by supporting authentic storytelling by affected communities on the cultures and socio-political dynamics that comprise the region. Click to learn more: Reclaiming the Border Narrative and Rooted in Rights.
Rooted in Rights will be producing a series of short narrative videos focusing on the stories of disabled folks living in the U.S.-Mexico border region. These videos and other Reclaiming the Border Narrative efforts will be compiled into an accessible digital archive.
- We are seeking stories to highlight the diversity of the disability community including U.S. citizens, immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers, mixed status families, and students
- We welcome submissions from people with any type of disability, including people with non-apparent disabilities, chronic illnesses, and mental illnesses
- Rooted in Rights will be filming interviews virtually and will support cast to submit their own B-Roll; communication with cast will be primarily through emails and Zoom meetings
- Accommodations such as language interpretation will be covered by Rooted in Rights
- Cast will receive a stipend of $500. A Social Security Number is not required to receive payment, just your legal name and a mailing address.
- February 2022: review casting submissions
- March 2022: pre-interviews with first round cast selections, confirm cast selection
- April – May 2022: virtual filming; cast submit B-Roll
Please fill out the form below to apply for this opportunity.
If you have any questions or would like assistance filling out the form, email [email protected]