Rooted in Rights is casting for an upcoming project for Reclaiming the Border Narrative. Reclaiming the Border Narrative is a three-year effort to shape national perceptions and discussions on migration and the United States-Mexico border by supporting authentic storytelling by affected communities on the cultures and socio-political dynamics that comprise the region. Click to learn more: Reclaiming the Border Narrative and Rooted in Rights.
Rooted in Rights will be producing a series of short narrative videos focusing on the stories of disabled folks living in the U.S.-Mexico border region. These videos and other Reclaiming the Border Narrative efforts will be compiled into an accessible digital archive.
- We are seeking stories to highlight the diversity of the disability community including U.S. citizens, immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers, mixed status families, and students
- We welcome submissions from people with any type of disability, including people with non-apparent disabilities, chronic illnesses, and mental illnesses
- Rooted in Rights will be filming interviews virtually and will support cast to submit their own B-Roll; communication with cast will be primarily through emails and Zoom meetings
- Accommodations such as language interpretation will be covered by Rooted in Rights
- Cast will receive a stipend of $500
- October 2021: review casting submissions
- November 2021: pre-interviews with first round cast selections
- December 2021: confirm cast selection
- January – February 2021: virtual filming; cast submit B-Roll
To apply for this opportunity, please fill out this form by Friday, October 1, 2021: Cast Application
If you have any questions or would like assistance filling out the form, email [email protected]