Donate to Rooted in Rights
Dear Rooted in Rights followers,
It’s hard to believe that we launched only seven months ago! Since May, we’ve made dozens of videos, written countless blog posts, and kept you up to date on the disability rights movement.
Here are just some highlights:
- Our #CrappyCurb campaign got almost 100,000 views and we received photos, videos and responses from all across the United States as well as the UK, India, and Australia.
- The Right to Be Rescued told the stories of people with disabilities during Hurricane Katrina, in order to push emergency planners to think about their needs in the next disaster. The video is being used by advocates from Spokane, WA, to Phoenix, AZ, to Warsaw, Poland!
- The AVID Jail Project’s videos produced by Rooted in Rights have helped jumpstart reforms at jails in Seattle.
- We began to offer creative services to other organizations and produced our first video for the Association of University Centers on Disabilities, which premiered at their annual conference.
- And thanks to you, our videos now reach tens of thousands of people every week through social media!
Next year, we want to keep bringing you new videos and new stories from the disability rights movement worldwide. We’ll tackle criminal justice reform, fair wages, voting, and a ton of other issues.
But we need your help. Can you donate $5 per month? $10? Every little bit counts. With your help, we can cover more stories in more places and bring them to you for free all year long!
Please make a donation at rootedinrights.org/donate
Rooted in Rights